17 January 2009

Leg Warmers

I live in a knitting black hole called Llanelli.
We have one wool stall in the market and as long as you have plenty of babies to knit for it's great.
I don't.
Anyway, passing it a while back I noticed in amongst the nylon DK and 4-ply, they had a couple-a-decent chunky-nylon blends. Gotta love the nylon. So I nabbed 'em quick. One problem. I couldn't think of anything to knit. So they stayed in my stash for weeks... until I found a copy of "Complete Guide to Knitting and Crochet" that had a simple pattern for ribbed leg warmers. At the time I was just starting out so they let me practise rib, counting and mattress stitch.

Here they are:

















They're actually red not pink (stupid camera)
















I haven't managed to wear them anywhere yet though. (Llanelli is a lovely place to live except for the meanie 'chavs'. Maybe if I'd knitted 'Golddigga' or something on them they'd have more "rrrrespect" for me. Grrr...)

Knitted:
2x2 rib
6mm needles
Sirdar Bonus Chunky
Wooly Photo: Daf

x

No comments: