18 January 2009

Ronan Dex Hat

Watched the last ever episode of Stargate Atlantis :'(
Cried like a right berk when Ronan got stabbed (*sniff*) but he's ok now (Phew).
It reminded me of a hat I knitted ages ago based on a free pattern called 'Trekker' by Anni Howard in issue 26 of KnitToday. It was meant to be a lot smaller than it turned out to be thanks to a combination of oversized needles and oversized wool (story of my knitted life).

















At the time it was a disaster but if I had hair like Ronan (which would be awesome!) then this hat would be the perfect size to cover it up.
So yay for using bigger needles and wool because you're lazy and it knits up faster. Yay!

















P.S. I love the colour on this stuff. The browns blues and purples (my fave colours) really go well together.


Knitted:
Based on Trekker by Anni Howard (mainly rib and stst)
8mm or 12mm (I think)
Wendy Pampas Mega Chunky (70/30 acrylic wool, shade: 2230)
Wooly Photo: Daf

x

No comments: